Archive for the 'Uncategorized' Category
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009
At Martino and Luth Structural Engineers we are always striving to revolutionize the way buildings are designed and built. In order to accomplish this goal it is important that we utilize all tools that will allow the design and construction process to be more efficient. This is why we have embraced the idea of 3D and 4D modeling.
Using a program called Tekla Structures, we are able to create 4D models of our buildings to both design and document complex buildings and load paths.
The above image shows the 3D model of the Las Cruces Theatre in New Mexico
The above image shows the rebar model for a project with Weitz Construction.
Structural Engineering Services using BIM
- 3D and 4D modeling w/ web based 3D model for everyone in the project to view at anytime.
- Steel, Light Gauge, Metal Deck, and Rebar shop drawings and 3D modeling
- Fast and accurate construction administration
- Personalized project involvement ensures someone is always able to be reached to answer any questions to help the project stay under budget and on time.
- Creative engineering solutions to reduce over designing and unnecessary materials.
- Can provide material quantities directly out of the model at time of bid. Using this in conjunction with the structural drawings to show complexity, allows apples to apples bids for comparison.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009
Russ Martino and Nick Geurtz Just participated in a half triathlon this past Saturday. They both did really well! Congrats guys!
Wednesday, April 29th, 2009
Martino & Luth, Inc. is honored to be a part of the 1309 Grant Street, Aromor Apartments, which is an affordable housing project in the Capitol Hills area of Denver. A historic building was renovated to provide 66 units that will provide housing for special needs and chronically homeless people.
This building required many structural changes to get it up to code since it was originally built in the early 20th century.
Monday, April 27th, 2009
Nick Geurts and Bob Sykes have achieved LEED AP status. After months of stuying and stress, they both passed the difficult exam with flying colors.
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009
Martino and Luth, Structural Engineers is starting out the year strong. We have now started offering shop drawings as an option on the project. In our latest project we are providing rebar shop drawings. Our clients are also realizing the benefit of having the project completed in 3D (TELKA) and we’re starting to model many more of our projects.
- Congratulations Nick and Kari! They had their first baby, Anna, in November and are now enjoying life with a newborn.
- In January Russ, Greg, and families went on a fishing trip in Cabo. Greg was lucky enough to have caught a 130 lbs Sail Fish! In addition to the sail fish Russ and Greg caught many tuna and some Mahi Mahi which were delicious!
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008
‘Management’ has decided it was time to be more eco-friendly and has purchased a bike for the office. This has officially become the new mode of transportation for our projects around Denver and our office. Rather then purchasing a street bike or mountain bike we were lucky enough to be given a beach cruiser so we can travel to our site visits and meetings in style.